To empower disabled servicemen/women; give back to the community; bridge the gap between the abled and disabled; create a fitness community dedicated to making the world a better place.
About Branded One CrossFit:Our disabled police, fire, and military veterans are often left behind or forgotten. We have established a nonprofit CrossFit affiliate that focuses on health and fitness while bridging the gap between our “disabled” heroes and our “abled” heroes. CrossFit is a strength and conditioning program that consists of a mix of aerobic exercise, calisthenics (bodyweight exercises), Olympic weightlifting, gymnastics, and other functional movements. It is often described as “constantly varied functional movements executed at high intensity across broad time and modal domains.” Branded One CrossFit is one of about 10,000 CrossFit affiliates in the world. It is only one of a few that is a nonprofit, and it is the only nonprofit CrossFit gym in Nevada that isn’t affiliated with a military base or school. CrossFit has positively influenced countless people’s lives and we want to extend that same opportunity to our disabled heroes.
Branded One CrossFit inspires people through their own hard work and shows them that anything is possible – whether that’s weight-loss, general fitness, high-level athletic performance, playing with grandchildren, or as simple as going up and down stairs. Our disabled heroes should be able to pursue whatever makes them happy without having to worry about the limitation of their body. Refraining from functional movement is what causes mental and physical deficits, so Branded One CrossFit wants to make sure every disabled hero does not fall victim to these deficits. We’re building a community where people can depend on each other and show support and guidance, but we need your help. Please review this website and consider becoming a volunteer, sponsor, member, or partner; or donating to support our cause. Without your help, we can’t provide help.
Branded One CrossFit Principles:
Provide support to our disabled heroes and the community surrounding them.
Maintain a compassionate and inclusive environment for all people;
Ensure compliance with the ideals of CrossFit, Inc.;
Embrace our responsibility to create a better tomorrow; and
Be determined, but humble.
- On average there are 20 veteran suicides nationwide per day, and one every two and a half days in Nevada. That means veteran suicide rates in Nevada are almost double the rate of the overall population in the state.*
- One out of every three police officers (retired and active) suffer from post-traumatic stress, which leads to suicide being the number one cause of death of police officers.**
- Due to PTSD, a firefighter is three times more likely to commit suicide than to die on the job.***
- Those with PTSD and other disabilities recover better and have fuller lives when they are surrounded by a supportive community and engage in physical activity.****
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh